Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Update!

It has been some time since I last updated my blog!

First, let me give you an update regarding my actual job:

I think teaching really suits me. I NEVER thought I would actually enjoy teaching and hanging out with kids, but I do. It is really rewarding when a class appears to be learning and interested in my lessons. I teach about 12 classes total. Of those classes I despise only 2, throughly enjoy 4 and the rest are decent.

Now, I am not going to lie to you all, I do not love everything about the teaching world. This week has been a bit difficult. On Monday I was told I suck at teaching kindergarden. Personally I don't care if they think I suck at teaching kindy because I don't want to teach it. I give it my best shot, but alas I still fall short. I am hoping that they get the bright idea to move me out of teaching kindy (yea, right). Then on Tuesday I had a little meeting with my boss. He told me I suck at teaching the higher levels. Great, thanks for the information? Seriously.

I like teaching but administration makes it a less than lovely occupation. I think that in Korea employees are only given negative feedback.

After all of that thank God we had Wednesday off of work! It was Children's Day (or Cinco de Mayo in the States). Wanting to take advantage of my extra day off I decided to go to The Korean War Memorial. We then had a huge feast of Mexican food!

Our Cinco de Mayo celebration:

Complete with guacamole, cheese, chips, fajitas, salsa, beans and rice!
Kelly and Sarah working hard to prepare the food!

Korean War Memorial:

The museum is HUGE. There is a huge outdoor area with tanks and aircraft. The actual museum is quite massive inside. It has all kinds of Korean war history and artifacts. There were a lot of people at the museum and hanging out on the grounds outside but I never felt that it was crowded (a rare feeling in Korea).


Some beautiful pond.
There were a lot of planes and tanks on display outside of the museum.
As I walked up to the memorial I heard some music and saw a large crowd of people ahead. I walked up to the crowd and looked over the heads of everyone to see a very impressive performance by the Korean military. Fun fact: Korean males are required to preform 2 years of military service. This service is the bain of every young Korean males existance. They H A T E it.
Very impressive sculpture, Korea.
The front of the Memorial.

Being Children's Day my city, Sanbon, was packed with them. They were all having a good time playing in the fountain and eating ice cream. This guy got a blue balloon! Lucky!

This is Sanbon.


No comments:

Post a Comment