Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Wedding!

Not mine, don't worry.

Today us teachers were chatting before classes and Arthur, the only male teacher, walks into the room. He recently became engaged so we were asking him how his future wife was doing and when the weeding will be. Then he darts out of the room and comes back with wedding invitations for us in hand!! Ah! How exciting! We are all invited to his wedding! I am so excited about this. Seriously.

So the initial excitement dies down and we realize we have nothing to wear to such an occasion. I brought like 1/16 of my wardrobe to Korea so I KNOW I will have to buy something. Koreans typically dress very well even for mundane activities like grocery shopping, so I am a little intimidated by their formal wear. I tried to ask some of my students for advice but I think my question was lost in translation. I was told first by a a student to wear a white gown (I think they thought I was getting married) then I was told to wear a suit (not sure where that came from, maybe Korean women wear suits). So basically they were no help.

Also finding sizes that fit my body type might be a challenge here in Korea. I have noticed the ladies are quite slim over here. Now I'm not that big, some in the states would say I'm a slim woman, but I'm not in the states anymore. When I stand next to a Korean lady I appear nearly obese. Hum. Looks like I might need to find Korea's plus size stores.

Despite all that I know I'll find something fabulous! The wedding is in April, Easter Sunday to be exact! I cant wait to tell you all about it.

1 comment:

  1. Dad says that sounds exciting and of course you are a giant. He also watched Dr. Phibes Returns last night and he thought of you. We had Armondo, Keoki, Amy and Gunnar over with the girls and their friends. I do not have any pictures because I still can't find my stupid camera!!!!! I may have to start using my old one again. The wedding does sound exciting. Be sure to take pictures and post them. We love you and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete